Parents and the Common Core: Resources
Here are some helpful resources for parents who want to learn more information about the Common Core standards:
- Common Core: Paths to 21st-Century Success: A poster showing the 21st-century skills that teachers are helping students develop for college and career success.
- Achieve the Core: Parent and community resources.
- 3-minute video: Watch this brief video featuring everything parents need to know about the Common Core.
- Parent and family resources: Find FAQs, videos, educational activities, and more.
- Teaching Channel: Five handy resources for understanding the Common Core.
- National PTA: Parents' guides to student success.
- California Department of Education: Featuring lots of goodies, including information in multiple languages. (Don't live in CA? Check out your state department of education website!)
- Council of the Great City Schools: Road maps for parents available in both English and Spanish.
Stay up-to-date with CTQ