Interested in seeing the kinds of things that I buy for my kids and my classroom? Here’s ONE month’s worth of charges from my credit card statement:
- $21.48 – Book: Where Children Sleep – For use with my Kiva Club.
- $32.88 – Magnets: For use in science labs.
- $16.49 – Pyrex test tubes: For use in science labs.
- $11.72 – Bamboo skewers: For use in science labs.
- $7.40 – Headphone/Speaker Splitter: For use in Skyping with homebound student.
- $32.01 – New hoodie for student who needed one.
- $42.95 – New backpack for student who needed one.
- $16.93 – Food coloring: For use in science labs.
- $7.54 – Vegetable oil: For use in science labs.
- $23.98 – D sized batteries and gallon of milk: For use in science labs.
And that DOESN’T include the $50.12 I spent on books for teacher professional development, the $36.07 that I spent on Young Adult literature that I read so that I can make book recommendations to my students, the $79.00 I spent on a subscription for a Web 2.0 tool that we will use in class, or the $435 dollars that I spent on registration and hotel for a teaching conference that I want to attend in Philadelphia.
Related Radical Reads: