Since most of my blog posts are on the heavy side, I thought it would be a good holiday diversion for me to try something different. (That’s why they say be careful what you wish for). I’ve been tagged (officially) by Brianna Crowley, but seriously nudged by the irrepressible Bill Ferriter to join the More Homework Meme. The idea is for bloggers to share with our readers and each other a peak at the persons behind the screens.
That I have the time to do this, and that I’m using that time to write about myself rather than the issues on which I normally focus surprises me. Read on, for more surprises.
11 Random Facts About Me People May Not Know
1. I studied classical piano for ten years, and I can sing in Latin.
2. At 13, I was expelled from Sunday School; a week later, the pastor interrupted his sermon to kick me out of the church.
3. I have crocheted a twin-size afghan for each of my 11 children, 9 grandchildren, and most of the babies born at our church.
4. I used to build trucks for living.
5. In over 40 years as a licensed driver, I have never had a ticket of any kind–including parking.
6. When I was eight, my siblings and I tried to throw our brand new baby brother out with the trash. [Grandpa caught us].
7. I have a degree in Biblical studies, and at 26, was the first Director of Christian Education at my church, and the first female to hold that position in our state.
8. As an English grad student, I once donned a wedding gown, black & white Converse sneakers, and kiddie sunglasses to portray a literary character at a campus dance.
9. My favorite TV show is Swamp People. However, I can comfortably go days or even weeks without watchnig television at all.
10. There’s a tradition in my mother’s family of passing down names. My grandmother’s first name is my middle name; my youngest daughter is named after my mother and great-grandmother.
11. [Just for you Brianna] The last time I set foot in a movie theatre was when I took my youngest child to see The Lion King.
My Answers to Brianna’s 11 Questions
1. What was the proudest moment of your childhood? Winning the citywide spelling bee. 1st Prize was a dictionary with my name on it.
2. To get you through a task, what “carrot” do you use? Two-scoop brownie sundae.
3.When we autonomous cars hit the market, will you be an early adopter? Nope. I’m still mourning the passing of my Volkswagen Beetle.
4. Window seat or Aisle? Window, and I’m always nearly the last person to get on board.
5. If you couldn’t get hurt, what is one adventure you would try? Hang-gliding.
6. Do you believe in ghosts? Only the Holy One.
7. Favorite non-human companion? My bowling ball.
8.What song/album do you believe tells your story…or at least an important part of it? “Amazing Grace.”
9. What’s your perfect beverage? A big mug of hot apple cider with a very fresh cinnamon stick.
10. What one word, phrase, or mannerism would all your closest friends and family say is “so you?” Chewing (not sucking) my thumb.
11. If you were given a 4 year sabbatical to pursue an alternate career path, what would you choose? Interior Design.
I Tag These 11 Bloggers
11 Questions I Have for Bloggers I’ve Tagged
1. If you could only have one book (print or digital), what would it be?
2. What was one of the most wonderful things someone has ever done for you?
3. What’s the best thing you ever ate?
4. Where in the world would you most like to visit (that you haven’t yet)?
5. What non-electronic game do you most enjoy playing?
6. The one commercial tune or TV show theme song you cannot get out of your head is….
7. When you’re not blogging, what’s your favorite thing to do online?
8. What sport do you wish you could play?
9. What would most surprise your high school classmates about you now?
10. If you had a MegaMillion jackpot to award to no more than two charities, which would you choose?
11. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Here’s how it works:
-Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
-Share 11 random facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
-List 11 bloggers
-Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.