So it’s a pretty big day in Radical Nation.
Solution Tree finished the cover design for my fourth book, Making Teamwork Meaningful: Leading Progress Driven Collaboration in a PLC at Work — which I co-authored with Parry Graham and Matt Wight, two of the best principals I’ve ever had the chance to work with.
Check it out:
(click to enlarge)
It’s designed to introduce readers to sets of tangible strategies for tackling five common frustrations that often stall professional learning communities:
- Getting the right people into the right collaborative places.
- Making collaboration work for singletons and teachers in small schools.
- Designing a master schedule that facilitiates PLC priorities.
- Building a system of interventions to address the needs of every student.
- Increasing the collaborative capacity of faculty members and learning teams.
Our goal was to remind the leaders of struggling learning communities that there ARE practical steps that they can take in order to help EVERY learning team to make progress and to move forward together — and early reactions to the content that we’ve put together have been really positive.
I think what I like the best about MTM is the fact that we use regular examples of leadership and progress BEYOND schools to make our key points.
Lessons drawn from disastrous Amazonian expeditions, successful stock market analysts, intelligent medical practitioners in America’s delivery rooms, and the principles that drive progress in the natural world make the text more relevant, engaging and unique.
Needless to say, I’m excited to see what y’all think of it when it’s finally published!
Look for it in January of 2013.