How is teaching like an animal? We asked the graduated class at Mount Holyoke College and Hampshire College. Their amazing responses are below. Enjoy!
If teaching were an animal, it would be:
- A cheetah because it sneaks up on you. You have no idea how fast you are growing and learning until it is flying by and you can’t stop it.
- A dragon because it is dangerous and magical.
- A zorse because it can be wild like a zebra but in the end you can gain the elegance of a horse.
- An octopus because they’re multitalented, mysterious, able to adapt and have a lot of nerves to sense everything.
- A bat because one has to be nocturnal and see things without necessarily “seeing” them.